We are looking for dynamic Catholic Teachers to passionately teach, model and inspire others in our faith. Our school communities value teachers and provide many opportunities for growth and development.
- Full-time teaching jobs
- Competitive salaries and full benefit package
- A learning environment that values innovation and creativity
- Faith formation throughout the school year
- Strong Catholic leadership
Apply to TeachVisit Our Employment Page to Apply Apply Online
BC Teacher Regulation Branch — The TRB provides operational support to the regulatory structure for the teaching profession in British Columbia.[/one_third] [two_third_last][/two_third_last]
Prince George St. Mary’s, Immaculate Conception, and Sacred Heart are all K-7
Dawson Creek Notre Dame is K-7
Smithers St. Joseph’s K-7
Terrace Veritas K-9
Kitimat St. Anthony’s K-9
Prince Rupert Annunciation K-8
Many of our schools are expanding to grade 8 and 9 with waiting lists and full kindergarten classes at most schools.
Catholic School Week 2015
Discover Each Community
There are so many things that are amazing about each community across our diocese, so we created a page that highlights each community and provides more information about what life is like there.See our Discover Communities Page [/one_half_last]
To provide a dynamic, relevant and faith-filled education for all in a safe, caring and Christ-like learning environment.
Apply to TeachVisit Our Employment Page to Apply [/one_half][one_half_last]
Goals for 2014-15
- Strong Catholic Learning Communities – Our dedicated staffs connect our students to community through acts of service and dynamic community events. Our staffs pray together and for one another. We have an online community that teachers use to connect and share ideas across the diocese.
- Faith Formation – We offer retreats and conferences to help staff members grow in their Catholic Faith. Our Office of Evangelization has made valuable connections with CCO, NET and Pure Witness Ministries. Our teachers and pastors meet monthly to work and learn together. New Catholic resources support faith formation in our schools and parishes. http://aliveinchrist.osv.com/aicinfo
- Learning and Innovation – We use technology and effective teaching practice to engage and support student learning. Teachers can apply to work collaboratively with colleagues on Learning and Innovation Teams to improve practice. We have an iGeneration student video challenge that teaches collaboration and problem solving skills, enabling students to be innovative and creative.
Teaching in the Prince George Diocese
From the time you walk in the front door, you will know it is a Catholic School. We teach the BC Curriculum and integrate the teachings of our faith. Many school ceremonies and gatherings revolve around the liturgical calendar. Students in our Catholic Schools learn about the treasure and significance of the celebration of the Eucharist while participating in Mass regularly. Staffs and students pray together as a faith community. Our priests visit the schools regularly making connections with students and staff and often helping at school functions.
Catholic schools have a proud tradition of providing a rich, vibrant learning experience in all areas: academic, spiritual, physical and social. Many of our schools have smart boards and interactive technology to support engaging, effective practice. Our students participate in extra-curricular teams such as volleyball, basketball, soccer and cross-country. We proudly offer strong fine arts programs that include band, choir, and speech arts in many schools. Our educators work together as a community of learners to support curious, self-regulated students who will be successful in the 21st century.