Learning & Innovation (L&I) Grants serve two purposes. One purpose is to support teams of educators working together on a common project or focus question for implementation in team members’ schools. The other is to provide a forum for Learning & Innovation teams to connect multiple schools with their projects. Learning and Innovation Teams must include a principal. Your learning team initiative should impact teaching practice and student learning.
Funds distributed for L&I Grants shall be used only for the project as approved. All programs, materials and supplies developed through the use of monies from the L&I Grant fund shall remain the property of CISPG schools.
As a group, you may examine a topic related to:
- Assessment for Learning: e.g. Setting Learning Intentions and Criteria; Providing Descriptive Feedback; Designing and Using thoughtful Classroom Questions; Using Self and Peer Assessment; Effective Grading Practice
- Social Emotional Learning
- Enhanced Student Learning through Technology
L&I Grant funds are primarily for release time. However, in lieu of release time, the school innovation team may wish to use the funds to support the project in other ways. Costs are determined based on release time equivalence.
- Learning and Innovation Grant Applications will be posted to the CISPG Google+ Community.
- L&I Applications are due to CISPG, attention Frances Roch by Monday, January 26, 2015.
- L&I Completion date is Friday, May 1, 2015.
- Learning and Innovation teams will participate in a Celebration of Learning to share their learning with their colleagues. The Celebration of Learning is planned for Thursday May 28, 2015 from 3:15 – 4:45 pm at the Diocesan Centre Board Room . The Celebration will include a Go-To Meeting to maximize participation from the innovation teams.
- Schools are expected to match release time (or equivalent costs) with the CISPG allocation.
- Each participant may receive up to 2 release days (or equivalent costs) from CISPG. Productive use of release time is best planned for half days.
- All LTG applications should include the following planning page and approval from the principal who will confirm TOC availability and matching school funds. CISPG funds will be distributed at the conclusion of the projects.
[download_box] Download the Application Form [/download_box]